View Single Post

lol - i can do anything - i'm just not a 944 guy, so the motivation is not really there

when you are talking about doing something like this though, it's all about volume - with the 968, i wanted it for myself, and all that was out there were halfway kits - i polled a bunch of the 968 guys, and enough wanted such a thing, that it justified doing it not only for myself, but planning for production - they paid in advance, even before it was done being tested

i don't have a 944, so i can't do that the same way - to paint the picture of how it would have to go though, i would need a very clean car to work on (i don't like getting greasy on a dirty car), with a reasonably fresh motor (never ever apply forced induction to high mileage engine) - the car would need to stay here for about 2-3 months while it got done - also, it would need to be paid for in advance, as i really am not in the business of doing this, and it is really just a hobby

but, as there are not likely to be at least 10 guys who are ready to pony up $4k plus to get this done, i don't see it happening

further, the output numbers for a 944 kit would only be about 200hp and about 215ft/lb - you'd probably be better off sticking in a bone stock 968 engine

an S2 though would be about 270hp and 265ft/lb, so might be worth it, though still a 968 engine with a chip and such would be close
Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)