View Single Post

Garage
[QUOTE=sasquatch;5688618]You guys are right. My thoughts is to find a worn out, possibly wrecked 951 as a donor car. Pull the motor, spend the time and $$ required to build a good solid 300 reliable HP motor and transplant that along with the brakes into my 87.

I cant sell my 944 because I have had it for so many years, and invested so much into the suspension, interior and paint for what I could sell it for. I even have an S2 transmission already installed. So it is prime for some HP now.

Not bad for 24 years and 190,000 reliable, hard miles.
____This is one of the nicest 944 I've seen in a long time & maybe just maybe you could take some advices from a old fart here,never mind the turbo/SC/and this that transplant leave it as it is.If the motor ever give up on you, then maybe look for a 2.7 out of an 89 this way it won't cost you your eyes ball & you can refresh the brakes & suspension & have a nice driver for quite a number of years,I know HP can be addictive but again with such a nice car as yours I will live it alone.____Same goes for you__ benzboy__unless you want to go all out and turn it in a S3 (968 motor) leave it alone ,suspension upgrade to M030 if you haven't got them -nice set of wheels - a short shifter-the rigth size tires & different exhaust will do wonder on your car & I bet you any money it won't cost you 5 to $6,ooo and after doing what I mention above you migth find out that trying to reach the car limit will be a handful .Having been around 944 for a while I've learn that if you don't balance things rigth you migth ruin a perfectly good car this is reality not fiction.
83-944 show room -sold___New ride 93-968 with SC steering wheel-ROW signal ligths- Susp M030 mods lowered,Porsche VA springs- Adjustable struts - Bilstein inserts - Bilstein sport rear -LSD -riding on Cup 1 wheels 17x8 frt 17x9.5 rear road contact Falken 452/ 225-45 ZR Front 255-40 ZR Rear -- Motor Mods /chip /K&N / mod air boxe just love the handling & power
Old 11-23-2010, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)