View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Hey yours has the third vacuum connection on there for the boost signal mine doesn't have that the guys at synchronic told me they improved it and didn't need that any more. Cole is yours an older one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
G Man:

I thought I would post this info of what I'm putting together for my build. My intent was two fold; make the intake track and recirculation track as short as possible, and reboost as quickly as possible.

To do this I have installed my BOV in the up pipe between the turbo outlet and the IC.

I also installed a 3 inch T pipe with a 1 1/4 recirculation hose bib in the down pipe between the Fuel distributor and the turbo inlet.

Also:

My BOV is also by Synapse and these Bov's should be plumbed as follows.

There are two small barbed fittings on the top of the black valve body of the BOV.
These two fittings need to be connected together with a T fitting and the 3rd leg of that T fitting should be connected to it's own source on the intake manifold.

On the side of the black valve body there is a third barbed hose fitting. This fitting is for the boost signal and should be connect to boost anyplace between the turbo outlet and the throttle body. Mine is directly off a 1/8 npt bung welded onto the turbo outlet exactly like the 934 engine pic. in my previous post.

The bottom of the BOV has an 1 1/4 in. hose bib outlet and the recirculation hose connects from there to the 1 1/4 in. recirculation hose bib placed in the down pipe. The total length of the recirculation loop is about 8 inches.

Should recharge the intake track nearly instantly.

Cole
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 12-09-2010, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #185 (permalink)