View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
"The stock 930 engine compartment is a cluster f--- of crap"

"Replacing the original large recirculation assy. and replacing it with a smaller and more flexable to install aftermarket BOV will slightly reduce weight, unclutter the engine compartment some, and will help the intake track recharge a little faster. Typically the BOV changes happen when an aftermarket long neck IC is installed as the BOV update is part of that installation"
Since this thread has devolved into a BOV discussion, Coles comments are exactly what drove me to do what I did. You wanna see a cluster F - - -? See below where I stuffed my updated BOV, to accomodate a standard short neck IC. It's such a mess, I can't get to it without removing the IC, but it works like a charm and reduced the 350 cu of intake manifold that drinks all that air. Thus, quicker spool, quicker delivery of power. All seat of the pants, which is good enough for me.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled WMI station....

Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)