View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

I know my motor made a really neat sound when I lifted the throttle sounded kinda like the old indy cars (cart) and when I installed the BOV that went away but the car got a lot more manners so +1 on the drivability aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
cole930 - I've been around turbocharged vehicles for a long time, i've seen very little evidence to prove that to be true. In some instances where very high boost pressures are run it can help but anything under 20-25psi of boost is not an issue. I still stand firm that the factory used the bypass valve for driveability 99% and boost recovery/turbo life 1%.

In Mark's case since he did not drive the car between bypass and BOV modification we can't say the BOV improved anything, just that it sucks less than the factory piece

just my opinion from messing with turbo cars since 1980. That and $.99 will almost get you a cheeseburger from McDonalds
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 12-17-2010, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)