View Single Post

J:

The honorable Mr. Smith is correct Syncronic SB001. If you go to the Synapse web site you can download the manual.

I originally choose this BOV based on very fast responce, 1 1/4" inlet and outlet dias., boost pressure holds the valve shut so there is no creep or bleed, and there are a varity of flange options.

I don't think the BOV, it's self shortens spool time as much as the plumbing flexability does. Once the throttle body is closed upon lifting off the gas the BOV exhausts all the boost that is in the intake track. That intake track volume has to be recharged with boost when you get back on the gas before you can build boost again. The time it takes to fill the volume of the intake track contributes significantly to how fast you get boost again. From the discharge outlet of the Bov to the intake side of the turbo on my set up consists of 9 1/2 " of 1 1/4 " hose. The volume of the stock intake track is 360 ci. in., the volume on my set up is 9.8 cu. in. allowing faster recharge time.

The BOV is a direct replacement if you have a long neck intercooler and a 964 style BOV. If you are still running the stock intercooler and recirculation assembly it can be retrofitted with a little work.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 12-21-2010 at 06:12 AM..
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #223 (permalink)