View Single Post
Got Boost?

Garage
Well, I would love the turbo 3.6 to be a factory low 12 second car but I am pretty sure it is not. In any case, maybe a turbo 3.6 S and still that was probably after 100 launches and treating the car like is not yours. That said, I do believe the turbo 3.6 should be an easy mid 13 stock and low 13 with a very good launch.

In my case, I have only visited the drag strip two times in my life and done a total of 4 passes.
2 passes on the 965
1 pass on a Ferrari 308
1 pass on a 911 Carrera 3.0

So I am a non experienced person on the drag strip. Like I said in the opening thread, not my thing. road course, that I do have experience, but thats another story.

In the end, I did find out that I have a bad fuel pump and I was running 10 psi. I just closed my manual boost controller to be at factory spec but seems like it just does not work that way. I set the car back to 14psi which is what I usually run at, factory is suposed to be more like 13 psi. Regardless, at the spec that I raced that night, on my way to the track I raced against my uncles mini cooper s with 265whp from 60mph to 140mph and I pulled him like 30 cars. Not the best comparison but at least a reference.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)