View Single Post

Garage
Anothe vote for Rennshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedracerIndy View Post
Here's my plug for the Rennshift.

While the Wevo reputation is stellar and I know it is a top notch product, I decided to go with the Rennshift because it is very adjustable. You can adjust the shift reduction percentage, which was key for me. I do not like reducing the shift throw on the 915 too much because i feel it accelerates wear on the syncros by rushing the gear change. Rennshift also offers different lengths of shift lever for optimal placement.

Also, don't forget to address the shift bushings and shift coupler. An aftermarket coupler made AS MUCH of a difference in my car as the aftermarket shifter housing.

I am very happy with my 20% reduction and extended handle setup after about 1.5 years.
I agree with everything Indy said; I installed a Rennshifter, new bushing on rod, and a helicopterjoint type rear coupler all at once. Net result: my 915/3.2 Carrera 73 Targa went from the worst shifting car to the best shifting car I have driven.

All of Indy's reasons are the same for me, and I will add one of my own: Rennshift system is a complete new shifter assembly, while the WEVO is set of well made parts that go into your old shifter housing. The total Rennshift solution is also a work of art if you appreciate fine machinery (no one here like that, right? )

69 911 T Targa, 2.4E w/carbs (1985-2001)
70 911 S Coupe, 2nd owner (1989- 2015)
73 911 T Targa, 3.2 Motronic (2001- )
Old 02-04-2011, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)