Thread: 930 rsr
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb930 View Post
Beautiful car!!!
Thanks Zeb,
I'm new of the turbo world as I bought this car recently from a Brit gentleman driver that looked after it very much indeed for ten+ years

It is a lightweight 930 built for purpose years before the factory designed the '92 turbo S, on the other hand RUF company was used to satisfy customers looking for something the factory didn't make at the time.
I 've been reported that the original German owner wanted a turbo version of the factory '88 Carrera CS

The lightening process went down to tin glasses all round, alloy bonnet and deleting all the superfluos like central locking, rear wiper, A/C, radio etc.. starting from a new bodyshell with no trace of underbody seal protection.
I didn't put it on scale yet but I believe it saved around 100 kilos from a stock full options car.

And yes Drmatera I like the wheels very much as well, although they are heavier than fuchs (given the run flat construction) they are Speedline like all the following factory Turbo S/ RS version.
It is courious that the German documents that came with the car report the 9 / 11inch fuchs option exactly like the prototype you posted.
Mechanically is substantially a 3,4 BTR with controllable boost ,different cams,LSD ,close ratios transmission and big front calipers.
Performances wise is very funny if driven at long tracks like Mugello or Monza , and a bit less at home at short courses and hill climbs.

I add a picture of the car beside the Fia Gr 4 rsr tribute I built with great help of this forum and some pros

Cheers Simone

Last edited by giuliemma; 02-16-2011 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: grammar correction
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)