Thread: turbo blow out
View Single Post

Mr. Sam,

I'm a little late to the party here, my excuse is I'm old and slow.

Hoyabear did a great thread here on this subject: "Oil Scavenging Problems" you might take a look.

If you need a new ball bearing for the check valve I have a whole bag of them around here somewhere.

I'm getting close to putting the headers and new K27S on. I've purchased a new check valve assy and an aftermarket scavenging tank for the job because I'm relocating the turbo. You might consider changing to the different style tank set up. As Brian mentioned a lot of these scavenging issues are caused by old sludge in the system.
This setup replaces all the old scavenge system components with new and is not that
expensive. Very easy to install.

My best to you !!!!
Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 04-09-2011 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)