View Single Post

well I finished the install of the meth kit and just took it for a ride. It is a pretty decent day here in NY. About 50 deg. I put the 350ml jet in and did a 50/50 mix of unatered alcohol and water and added 2 bottles of heet. I didnt get my meth yet and from what I read you can use alcohol. I noticed a couple of things. 1st it dropped my A/F by about 1/2 a point. I use to be at about 12.5- 12.7 at .9bar and I was looking to get that down alittle bit. 1st run the A/F at 6200rpms were 11.5-12.1 which I like. Its hard to notice reallly any power inprovement in this weather, In the cold weather it goes like hell anyway. I did notice that the rpms were climbing alittle faster and it did feel alittle smoother. Over all I am very happy with it. Just the A/F drop was worth it. There were times I was short shifting because the A/F were gettting alittle high. I will post more about the system when the weather gets alittle better and I get to play with it alittle bit. I did use the boost activation even though I have a map on my electromotive crank fire and it worked great. Came on at 6lbs and I set it to max spray at 13lbs of boost. I will take pics of the install, it really was not that bad and for the extra protection against detonation for the money it is well worth it. With those setting I had no bucking at any rpm so I guess that is a good setting for my motor.
John
Old 02-28-2011, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #241 (permalink)