View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
you know my intake manifold has a big boss on the back of the manifold that is under the throttle body flange that is just plugged right now with a pipe plug. I think it was probably the EGR connection when it had the air injection pump once upon a time.
This looks like an ideal place to install the WMI injector, and would not require any messing with the intercooler or other parts of the manifold cause its already there.
Anyone think this is a good place for the injector or what am I missing? I dont have any photos to better 'splain what I mean but hope my description is adequate.
Also, anyone have plus or minus of using the existing windshield washer tank in the front fender as a reservoir for the WMI pump? Seems ideal as it carries almost 2 gallons of fluid and would free up trunk space without having to add the additional tank from snow performance.
Just my thoughts on this as i consider ordering this system too.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-08-2011, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #247 (permalink)