View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
Are you supposed to lube? I would think putting lube there would be a bad idea...it could get on the rotors. Also it would attract a lot of dust/dirt to build up so that eventually they would stop floating properly, no?
thats why I asked, if there was some dry type lube that you knew of that would prevent corrosion yet not effect the rotor surface.
Also make sure to remove the dust shields while you are in there. They prevent cooling air from getting to the rotors and if you do any DE or track events removing these makes a big difference in cooling the rotors.

Do you know if they sell rebuild kits for the 930 calipers (ie seals and what would be a dust boot)? I have not seen it on Pelican.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)