View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigel View Post
The only pad they sell at pelican is shown with shiny side up. That's the only way that make sense. There is a lot of infrared radiation coming off an engine and it is effectively reflected by a mirror / silver surface. It makes no sense to have that mirror surface towards your passenger compartment as it does nothing when heat is transferred by conduction through the pad material.

I am in the same boat right now. The pad is sagging and I am torn between installing an aluminum strip holding it up at the edges or ripping it out either to keep it blank or installing a brand new pad.

Right now I am leaning towards the aluminum strip. Least amount of effort and clean result.

Anyone have any input on how much louder and warmer it gets without a sound pad? I had none on my SC and it was just fine.

G
I got an answer from the manufacturer. They said the aluminum foil side faces the cabin and rubber side faces the engine. I think the sample pic we see on the PP site shows another product which has foil on both sides. I should find someone in my area who did opposite way. It may not be much different at least to our sense but should be interesting. BTW, anyone works for Bose or JBL here?

BW

Last edited by Bubbling well; 03-16-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)