View Single Post

check both the DME Relay (had 2 good spares) and DMECU, had 12VDC strong. The fuel pump worked when jumped but still had no spark. Pulled the ignition switch this morning (which was cracked at the key end) and put in a new one from the local store. It was odd that they had it but apparently is not a true match-missing pole "P" and marked VW but the computer matches it. Wiring schematic shows a grey or blue line out a pole "P" but don't see where it goes, (see page 3 and can't find it!!!) guess tonight I'm studying all 8 pages of Haynes to see if it's needed. Doesn't the Throttle valve have a blue line in it and would that prevent spark at the coil?
All plugs and connection were cleaned and hit with di-electric grease during assmebly of the head-speed and postion sensor are sending clean signal and I have a jump on the tach during my futile efforts to start it. Gotta be something simple...had wife lock away the shotgun

Last edited by Larry Bud; 03-26-2011 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)