Thread: turbo blow out
View Single Post
surfpangea

Garage
Sounds like a bad turbo rebuild reading that your 3ldz is working correct you can check out the turbo in question go to the turbo check shaft tolerances ( They are in the workshop Manuel) if good first mark everything that moves for reassembly such as side plates, nut to shaft open the turbo and check to see if the metal rings on the shaft are there you should have two of them and if so make sure they don't pop out of the groove when you reinstall one of the two on mine was out of the groove and around the shaft check to make sure oil slinger in installed properly, check the rubber o rings are good and not pinched .Use lots of oil when you reassemble I hope this helps I forest gumped my way through it so I am sure you can get it corrected with out to much problem.
77 930 stock 3.0 gsf header ,borla exhaust,gt30 BB turbo, V-band, full bay IC,WMI, 46 mm Adjustable waste-gate,Zeitronix wideband, Intergrated Car pc, Winlog interface Beta

Last edited by Sam Matthews; 04-10-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Old 04-10-2011, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)