View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to shoguneagle
I did mine to make sure the car stayed within the balance that a flat boxer engine offers which leads to driving characteristics. I have previously built a 914-V8 before they became the popular thing to do and parts were not at the same level of development as they are today. It drove like an early fifties Corvette where the opposite rear corner wanted to throw you to the front and lots of power makes the car "squirrelly!!" I like the better driving and handling of the 914 with the Sixer in it because it handles great and makes one with the road. If I need/want air conditioning, I will drive the Corvette or the Pickup or the Jeep or the Alfa Romeo. To me it handles as well and better than the early Lotus except for the Seven and possibly the Elise. I also now prefer low torque/hp engines with high rev limits. Shades of the Old Days of Grand Prix racing that made the name of most sports cars. The Miata to me appears to be a very enjoyable car made for the curvie road driving (basically a Lotus design.

Each person has his own ideas what a sport car should be and I hope he/she has a chance to totally enjoy them. There is nothing like the open road on a sunny day. I know I have driven most of the "curvie roads of Northern California" from Bakersfield to the Oregon boarder.

Take that car when you and it are ready and enjoy it for what it is and brings to you.

Steve Hurt
Old 04-16-2011, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)