View Single Post

Jim:

That's a really nice package that maintains the cars originality while allowing the advantage of WMI . Very nice,

I agree on not pushing those head studs. I had replaced mine years ago when the dilivar's were being pushed as the hot setup, so much for that idea. I pulled my engine down during this repaint just to see what the heads, pistons, and cylinders looked like and had 6 broken dilivar studs. I replaced all the studs with supertechs. At the time I didn't really need the added expense but figured if I didn't I would just be tearing it down again later.

It's funny, I was kind of surprised when you first pimped me about the WMI. Knowing you as the practical analytical I know you are I figured you would be all over WMI. I had done a lot of research on it before I put this thread together and hadn't seen any downside except for having to spend more money. From what I was learning I concluded the cost to be cheap insurance in the long run. Knowing you were tuning in on the thread now and then I figured you would like what you were hearing and wondered if it wouldn't make you take a closer look. Really glad you did, with you aboard I know there will be credible , no BS input. I really believe WMI was made for these old sleds and that it could go a long way toward allowing us to mod for more HP and still keep the heads on. WELCOME ABOARD !!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 04-28-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Old 04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #269 (permalink)