View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtel View Post
Never, ever, assume that any 930 is stock. That is a good way to have your ass handed to you.

My car has typical bolt on mods and it hung right with a Nissan GT-R from 60mph up to about 130mph. The Nissan driver was astonished.

This car is faster than a new $400000 Lexus LF-A in the quarter mile.
Quarter mile results.
True that...I have a friend in California with a modded 930. It's a scary beast, indeed..

But then, huffer motors? How 'bout a Shelby super snake? 750 ponies, nearly double the power of the Boss 302. Corvette Zr1 also comes to mind. When we start talking boosted and other mods, the horsepower wars reach some pretty scary heights.

(edit) As you can tell, I prefer normally aspirated power over boosted. Longer engine life than boosted.

I bought my old 911S in 1974. When the then new 930 came along in '76, my 911S suddenly became an obsolete old 911. But...I hung in there. My Bullitt Mustang is now a low horsepower obsolete old Mustang. I'm hanging in there...

Last edited by pwd72s; 05-02-2011 at 09:33 AM..
Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)