View Single Post

Garage
Bumper does not fit!!!

After comparing different offers for my bumper, I bought one at mrs-design in Germany. It's a small company specialized on Fiberglass parts, mainly Porsche. Because I found some good reputations and the contact was nice, I choosed this one, last but not least he was one the fews, how made a bumper without any muffler cuts.
Two weeks later I received the bumper for a reasonable price and it looked very well made. So far, so good...

Because I am in the middle of my EFI conversion, I had no time earlier and so mounting had to wait until this week. I had roll-out and first runs, thus It would be nice to have a bumper then, othterwise the Police here would not like

BUT it's simply useless. For better understanding I traced the contures of my fenders to compare with old and new bumper, so you can see the differences. Car is symmetric within one mm:

Here are the contures compared to the old bumper (Betterbodiesmotorsport), which fitted quitted well:

I mailed the pics to mrs-design too and wait now, what he means about...

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 05-10-2011, 12:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)