View Single Post

Gentlemen.

Thank You for Your time.

I'm just back from work. I had to take a few pictures of the IC, oil puddle and the engine.

About the engine and how much/little I know about it.

It was sold to me as a 3.3Ltr. The engine number shows that it is a 1978 3.0 engine.
When I called Tony about that, he said the 3.3 had its block cracked. They then used the block of an 3.0 and put the internals from the 3.3 in the new block. New rings were put on in addition to a mild cam. This is what I have been told.
Twin plugged and headers in addition to the 7006 turbo are mounted. Electromotive ignition and what I believe to be the original fuel delivery system.

If it is so that it is a different cam and the larger turbo, for all I know, it might be that it is in fact a 3.0 ltr engine. The 3.0 turbo had 260 hp. With headers,7006 and cam I'm sure that 330 hp is not unreal on the 3.0.
I have not had the car tuned but will as soon as I have the smoke/oil issue sorted out.

I have not pulled the air filter for a looksee but will do so tomorrow morning. If it is clogged. Could that pull the oil from the engine and into the IC as mentioned in an earlier posting?

I will at the same time have look for that 9mm ball. The lines seems to be free and clean.

How do I verify oil flow through the turbo? From what I could tell with my limited knowledge of these fine machines, (keep in mind that I'm still a humble 928 driver) the oil in the turbo is visible from a fine stream coming down from the IC. As previously mentioned, I also found 1/2 tablespoon of oil right on top of the throttle body valve. Is it possible for oil to be backed up in the turbo all the way up and through the IC?

Once again, I really appreciate the help.

Last edited by Hoyo; 05-11-2011 at 11:51 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)