View Single Post

Garage
For what it's worth, I had similar symptoms as you and a rebuild of my K27 7006 cure the smoking issue at startup. I had about the same amount of oil in my IC. Mineral spirit cleaned it good.
Did you remove the muffler to see if the turbo has excessive play? Mine had a fair amount of play and when I took it apart, I saw that the compressor wheel had been rubbing on the inducer.
I totally agree with not rushing into spending money for a new turbo until you know that this is your problem.
According to Porsche manual, your radial play should not be more than 0.35mm measured with dial gauge and your axial play should not exceed 0.65mm measured with feeler gauges at the turbine tips (between tip and housing)
David
1985 Black 930, K27 7006, Garretson Intercooler, Adj boost, TB: 23 - 31mm, bielstein sport shocks, ER polybronze bushings front and rear, ER monoball joints front and rear with offset camber plates, 935 X triangulated strut brace, raised spindles, racing bump steer kit
1981 Black 911sc (sold)
Old 05-12-2011, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)