View Single Post

"Has my O2 sensor gone bad?"
Maybe, but honestly I don't know of anybody that has not had some problems with innovate products... period.

I've been through two LC-1 controllers, 2 bosch wideband oxygen sensors (they are lowest cost through amazon) and two G3 easy to look at analog stepper motor movement gauges (you couldn't pay me to tolerate or watch a flashing digital AFR gauge)

After all that, it works but it's not consistant and I have to turn off the LC-1 and reboot it form time to time because it just stops working and freezes up when it feels like it. I installed a small rocker switch in the front left side of the glove box to reboot it without turning the ignition off and back on to reboot it while driving. Then it works normally again.

I kinda feel sorry for the people that use innovate AFR products with EFI to help control the fuel mixture...that would be endless problems and frustration in my opinion because like most automotive mid price aftermarket consumer electronics made from low cost chinese components... innovate wideband controllers have proven to me to be inconsistant but work good when they work.

I know they came out with a new wideband controller recently that is built into the flashing digital gauge body to replace the flaky LC-1 but I don't know how good it really is.

Try going through the entire two step O2 heater sensor calibration and then the free air calibration with your innovate wide band controller and see if that gets it working again. Other than that all you can do is replace the oxygen sensor for about $60 and see if that does it.
If you call Innovate tech support maybe they'll help you out.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)