View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
Always worth checking the advance mechanism in the distributor. There is an arm (i'm told) in there that advances and retards timing, my original distributor 'arm' had rusted and broken. I don't doubt you've checked, but just thought i'd mention to make sure you've looked at every part in the dizzy. Worth a look
Thanks for the feedback. After waiting for my tools. They have now arrived. I think I need another fitting for the compression tester though. I cannot make the one in the kit work. - Any recommendation on what to buy and where?

JBL930, Checking advance is an excellent idea. I have not done this and am reading up on this here on PP right now. Any insight on how to would be appreciated.

As a final comment for now:
I have been checking the ignition with my new timing light. It seems By cranking the starter (RPM approx. 250) the ignition (Z mark) is maybe (as seen from above) at the 1:30 O clock position. Is this right?
That is way retarded isn't it?
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)