View Single Post

Hi Paulie,

Since your car is an 87' like mine, don't you have the Allen bolt studs that hold your stock exhaust manifold on? Based upon what you said, though, it sounds as if someone has replaced them. No matter what, it isn't easy taking those nuts/studs off, and it is timely. If you are lacking an abundant supply of tools, like me, you will have to be creative in figuring it out. When I took mine off, I had to sometimes hammer my Allen key by hitting one end of a breaker bar; grip it with a pair of vice-grips to increase the leverage; and probably a couple other ways I can't think of at the moment. Maybe someone who has a treasure trove of tools can illuminate you better than I.

I'm pretty sure your new headers are the same ones I have, and as such, you will have to replace your solid metal oil return tube with a flexible SS line (I think I put mine on after I installed the headers, but you will have to figure that out by trial and error...Unless someone with a better memory than mine can chime in) before you can put on the headers.

Good luck, buddy

Last edited by icemann427; 05-21-2011 at 07:09 AM..
Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)