View Single Post

Garage
1987 930 engine drop - Extras

Good Morning all. This is my first engine R&R. I've followed the instructions in Wayne's two books and the Bentley publications. I've discovered that generic 911 R&R drop instructions do NOT directly equate to the 930. I've removed a few hoses and wiring that was obvious for R&R. My goal is to avoid removing the motor mounts to discover something was missed - and then have to reattach the engine to disconnect part - "X".

WHAT ELSE do I need to disconnect or remove that is unique to the 930?

ALSO - What is up with accelerator linkage? (And I thought number 1 cylinder was rough.) The small half round coupler - did NOT "snap off" the linkage bar at the tranny as depicted in the books. We all know that Zen is interrupted by silly simple matters that become troublesome PITA Issues.

*** If anyone can/will provide me additional info on this 930 drop, Please do. I'll appreciate and use all the help I can get. Thanks in advance for taking the time to assist me in this matter. I plan to create a 930 drop article once this effort is completed. Many photos were taken along the way. I could not find an article for a 930 R&R when I searched this site. If there is an article specific to 930 R&R - directions to that article will obviously suffice.

Again - thanks for your advice & help.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)