View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Thanks Ken / Bill!

My 3/8" wobble socket hits the side of the piping 'somewhat' but might work on 2 if not all 3 of those nuts. Will see tonight. If not, we'll torch them too - I ended up ordering 12 new studs and nuts / barrel nuts anyways after seeing the condition of the studs that I did NOT break. Something told me (cough Pete) they'd likely break when I go to install everything - no thanks. The threads are disintegrated where they were covered by the flanges - eeek.

Best way to remove the old studs?

I can double-nut the ones that the lead threads remain good on, but the ones that were torched we may have to weld a nut on to? My bud wasn't sure his welder would be strong enough to get a good weld on there to hold. Thoughts? Or, other suggested stud removal tips?

Diving back in tonight - accumulator's off (new one arrives today woot - only took me 4yrs to fix d'oh), valve covers are off 'n shined up, new motor mounts are come today too, fuel (system) pressure is up to 7.0 after shimming... just need to adj the valves, get that mani off, and get the headers on.

"Just"... 8-/...

Getting there!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 05-25-2011, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)