View Single Post

Garage
SUCCESS!!!

Additional info advised for dropping the 930. disconnect all lines at the oil tank. One will kink on the sheet metal (Right side facing the rear of the car) remove that line.

The starter - bell housing allen bolt is a $@&#%!(*&@%#$. (look to be sure some Certified mechanic didn't use a wire tie to hang the wiring to starter. (Dick...)

For uninitiated newbies like me - there are teeny tiny wire clips that hold the throttle linkage to the ball ends. These must be backed off. A small hook tool is perfect. pull down and the clip will move out of the way. ONLY THEN will the ball end snap out.

With the ball ends removed, we began the drop... baited breath and fear permeated the air. Slowly... slowly... "Wow... is the tranny supposed to dip like that?" "Dude, I dunno...." About six inches down. We began pulling on engine now to get the engine off the bell housing bolts. SUCCESS.

"Dude Im not sure the tranny is supposed to dip that far...." "Me either, I hope were not effing something up."

Yes the tranny is designed to dip! The engine is designed by geniuses. As the motor drops the tranny tilts. Once off the bell housing, you are home free.

Last edited by youfamissim; 05-26-2011 at 07:31 AM..
Old 05-26-2011, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)