View Single Post

Garage
Another EFI conversion nearly complete!

I've been working on an Electromotive Tech GT ECU based EFI conversion and got the car started today!

Engine bay is much cleaner. Idle is smooth at 900 warm, initial advance is 10 degrees, and AFR's are right in the 14.5 range at idle with no tuning so far. No street tests, yet - need to get the base map sorted.

I now need to tune the beast up!

I do have an issue or two to resolve: when I cut the ignition the engine runs on for a few seconds, so I need to figure that out. I have to hook up my tach and I am still dependent on the yellow relay of death as I have not figured out an easy way to trigger the fuel pumps without hitchiking on that circuit. I do have some ideas, now.

I will have many good condition CIS parts for sale soon, along with Leask WUR in great shape and a DWUR still in the box. I'll post them as soon as I get around to it.

I also have many pictures and plan to assemble a how to guide so others can follow if they choose in the future.

I want to send out a BIG THANK YOU to Richard Clewett, as he has supplied me with the parts and several answers to questions as I have gone through this. I have also continued to source many parts from our forum sponsor.

1988 930 coupe - Silver Metallic
3.3L w/GT35R, B&B Headers, RarlyL8 muffler, TurboKraft IC, Tial WG, tecGT based phased sequential EFI & ignition, Wevo shifter/coupler, ...
Old 06-05-2011, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)