Thread: ignition help
View Single Post

Garage
double check the fuel pumps while somebody else open the ig. switch, best way to make sure they are working is under the car but you have to lift the car, you will hear and feel the pumps, if they are not working chances are the two fuel relays aren't working so just interchanged them with the others that you have in the same fuse port; I just have starting issues with my car but finally I was able to get it started my problem was a bad WG diaphragm causing a vacuum leak, to check the spark I just unplug one of the cables and put in a screwdriver while holding it close to my AC compressor you can see the spark jumping to the AC metal case, warning you have to hold the screwdriver plastic handle and don't touch any metallic part on the car, also you can check the distributor rotor to see if it has a proper spinning while cranking the car. One easy way I checked the CDI box is to put it in another 911 that has a 6 pins connector and started, mine started the other car so I knew it wasn't the problem, hope this help.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)