View Single Post

Carrera Intake Fuel Line Update For My Efi Conversion

Ok Guys, while working on some of the details for my Efi Conversion, I though it would be a good idea to re-use the original hard lines and fuel rails originally equipped with the Carrera intake. On the other hand, I would like to replace all the rubber hose with high quality braided hose and fittings.

One of the reasons I want to re-use the rails and hard line is to retain the factory look as well as the function of how the hard line mounts to the manifold as well as how the injectors are held in the manifold and fuel rail. Also, from a cosmetic stand point, I like things to look like it came from the factory.

My Idea is to remove the factory metric globe seal fittings and braze on -an6 fittings in their place.

In order to save a few dollars on the fittings, I got -6 to oring boss adapters from my local hydraulic supply house for around $2.00 each.

My plan was to remove the threaded oring boss that I wasn't going to use, drill the hole to accept the factory 8mm hard line and then braze the fittings on.

First, I parted off the threads off I wasn't going to use.

of
Old 06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)