View Single Post

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I have been really trying to do these to the best of my ability. Not only for cosmetic reasons but also because they are fuel lines. I don't want to take any chances.

Another reason I am doing this is to minimize the amount of adapters as the more adapters you use the more places leaks can happen.

Also, thanks for the answer on the HP capability of the stock lines! I am really excited to be able to use the stock lines!

Turbobrat930, I'm really glad this helped you on your build as well. For the connections to the factory fuel rails I am going to use metric globe seal to -an hose ends from BAT. I'll be sure to post some more pics of the entire process.

In the near future, I am thinking about doing something similar for the hard oil lines in the rear passenger side fender. I'd like the ability to replace the factory rubber sections with quality braided hose and be able to replace the hose section if they ever leak.

Willtel, You can certainly to this at home without a lathe. All you really need is a precision hand milling machine (aka a FILE) a hack saw and a drill. Just remove the threads as close the the hex with the hack saw then file it smooth. After that, just drill out the hole to fit you tube. I can't remember what size drill bit I used as I was checking the diameters with a mic while I was searching for the right one. I think it was a letter size drill. I'll check in the shop tonight and let you know.

You will however need an O/A torch to properly braze the fittings on.

One thing I will do differently on the actual Carrera fuel line is, I will be back purging the lines with either nitrogen or argon to prevent any oxides from forming inside the lines while I am brazing them together.

More pics to come.......
Old 06-09-2011, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)