View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjam View Post
I'm a nit-picking SOB ... I wouldn't really have called them "dowel pins" ... that usually implies that they are solid pins.
These pins are roll pins. But just to confuse things even more, Porsche calls them "keys" in their manual. Go figure!!

Anyhow, I'm sure these little fkrs are the least of your problems, but this might help when Cole's pins turn up.

no he is talking about the pin that goes through the pump shaft. not the ones on the end of the cam. American cars have a smog pump drive between the end of the cam and the scavenge pump and it's threaded with bolts. That pin is a dowel pin.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-10-2011, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)