View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocarrier View Post
Willtel, You can certainly to this at home without a lathe. All you really need is a precision hand milling machine (aka a FILE) a hack saw and a drill. Just remove the threads as close the the hex with the hack saw then file it smooth. After that, just drill out the hole to fit you tube. I can't remember what size drill bit I used as I was checking the diameters with a mic while I was searching for the right one. I think it was a letter size drill. I'll check in the shop tonight and let you know.

You will however need an O/A torch to properly braze the fittings on.
Excellent news. I will defiantly blatantly steal this idea. I have a nice torch set I just need to get some bottles and gas for it. Is acetylene still hard to get?

I also just noticed that in your second pic the threaded portion of the adapter is in mid-air. Nice job!

Please update this when you get all the AN lines plumbed together.

Any idea on what hose and fitting type you will use? I used some of the Russell Pro-Classic series stuff on another project and it worked great. The fabric hose isn't very abrasive and the black and silver fittings IMO look much cleaner than the traditional blue and red.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)