View Single Post

Alright..an update.

After my superior turbo rebuilding session, I put it all together and took it out for a short spin. Seemed to be alright.
The next day, smoke on startup but not that much. I was thinking residual oil in the IC.
Did a longer run with boost. Seemed alright, let it idle for 4 minutes before I shut it down.
The third day on start up, smoker...and it never stoped smoking. I dismounted the muffler and saw that oil was in the exhaust(??) part of the turbo. I dismounted the tube on the other side on the turbo and I also found oil in there. Both seals are leaking.
When I cleaned out the line from the drip tank to the scavenge pump, I found that the line was somewhat squeezed together in the last bend before the pump. When I followed Cole's write up, i did not put the line into the bucket to check for return. All I did was to put my finger in the line to check for suction which was great.
I will do that now just to see if there is a difference in turbo oil output vs pump quantity flow. The line needs to be replaced anyway.
Anyone on where I can get a good return line?

About the turbo..I'm in for a new one.
So back to my original question ( slightly modified), replace the K27-7006 with a K27HFS or something else?

G
Old 06-11-2011, 01:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)