View Single Post

Garage
Question Electromotive XDI-2 tuning

Hi,

I just purchased a 1983 slant nose 911 that has been converted to a twin turbo. It has been bored to a 3.4ltr, mahl pistons, not sure what rods or cams they look like a form of SC cams. custom headers, twin k-26 turbos, twin plugged, and i just recently installed an electromotive XDI-2 system. I am new to tuning cars and have no experience, but I have started to play around with the timing chart and take the car for test drives. The car runs great under 3000rpm and seems to have a huge amount of power between 3500-4800rpm while it is building boost. However, once I get over 4800rpm the power seems to start to die down. I know that the redline of the car is 7000rpm. My mechanic assures me it is a timing issue, can anyone help me to figure out at what timing degree i need to be running at. I would say its almost at 1 bar of boost at 4800? or if i should advance or retard the timing when the boost kicks on.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 06-12-2011, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)