Thread: ignition help
View Single Post

OK, time for an update....
First it still does not run. Well it did for a few seconds, like 15 seconds. I started like it used to just bumped the key and it started, it did idle a little slow. It then died.
I tried to get the CDI box tested but nether the Porsche dealer nor a Bosch place could test the CDI box. They wanted the whole car...
I tested for power at the wire going to the box (15 I think it was) it has power.
I checked for a pulse from the "green" coax wire while cranking the engine, it seemed to be pulsing, maybe not as fast or as ofter as I thought it would be, but I don't know how ofter the pulse should be.
I tested the coil, tested good, both primary and secondary.
I tested the fuel pump relays and the red relay back in the engine compartment, they all were good.
I tested the other relay with the 4 prongs and the little tube, tested good.
I tested and then replaced the rotor (it was a rev limiting one, put in a non rev limiting one)
I unhooked the green fitting at the fuel distributor, turned on the key and both fuel pumps were running, both sounded the same.
After the car ran for those 15 seconds, it is clear it's not getting spark (again), not out of the coil nor to the plugs.
Any thoughts??? I probably checked more things but after a day of trouble shooting and paying about $450 to get the car towed 50 km, I may be a little distracted and forgot some of the other stuff I checked
Thanks Frank
1982 930, K-27, BL adj. WUR, Rarlyl8 Headers and Hooligan muffler, MSD 6, 22 and 30mm torsion bars, poly bronze bushings 30mm raised spindles and custom valved Bilstein shocks (by Elephant Racing), monoballs front and rear (by Rennline), Alton 17" Fuchs, Fred Cook fuse panel
Old 06-14-2011, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)