View Single Post

Ha, noticed you on line while I did some searching for parts/threads.
I have Waynes book - brilliant.
That explains the mystery why I had read somewhere the 930 did not have head gaskets, then I find them listed in the Pelican parts. Mine is a type 68 engine - so that makes it around 86/87 I think. History unknown other than I imported the car from japan just after a 'rebuild'. The term is a bit of an exageration - I think it was a cheap patch up job for a blown #4 probably from o/boost. Never did a compression on it then, just a leakdown - the numbers were similar to now (3 yrs on). But I think the 040" leakdown orifice lets a bit much air thru to show up early faults. So dont know if this has just happened.
Suspect I will need to order head gaskets and hopefully just rings. looks like I need to tear it down in a bit of hurry and allow 10 days hopefully for some basic parts.
Looks like if you have a damaged piston you end up having to buy 6?
regards
Alan
PS I was just logged on to your thread of your broken engine.
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)