Thread: PPI results
View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
2nd on odo gear - I got mine from our host for something like $25 IIRC. A bit of a PITA taking the bezel off the unit but a pretty straightforward repair otherwise.

BUT

the bigger and more obvious Q is: at what mileage did the gear go? Sounds like a it's a TMU car, which is a bit spooky IMO

Also 2nd on the high beam switch. I f'd mine up w/ a cancellor 'incident' (self inflicted, dumbarse me) and it's never been quite the same since. I got it nearly good by tweaking the copper contacts within the unit, was some trial / error. Otherwise, I've seen them on the classifieds here occasionally for like $50.

Define "puffing"... @ startup? Idle? On boost? On decel? Does it puff out the oil filler cap?

Great idea on trading your full bay for Patrick's 1/2 bay and A/C, if A/C's important to you (I bought his headers recently, great to deal with FWIW).

Brian's headers are pure _S_*_X_... I sooooo want. Agree w/ the thought of scoring his and selling yours 8-).

Sounds like a cool car otherwise. Pics? We can all usually tell a LOT from pics. Yes, your research here on the 964 cams / 7006 is right - that's a top-end (powerband) set up.

HTH, good luck - hope it works out for ya!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-16-2011, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)