Thread: PPI results
View Single Post

Garage
Here are some pics. The owner has done quite a bit of work on it. I have not seen the car yet and trying to decide on the interior. PPI mechanic said it was done really well and does not come across cheesy.

The PPI mechanic thinks there is another 10k miles on the car after piecing together receipts. Need to ask the owner. He advertised less then 10k mile on rebuild. The fact that it was not disclosed by owner makes me more than a little cautious.

I cannot remember what the mechanic said about the puffing. I was at work and swamped. He said he was running it to see if it went away. It did not make the final report.

The more I think about it, the more i'm talking myself out of the car. At least at the previous discussed price.

BTW, the PPI was done by Vinnie at Gulf Performance Center in Miami. He got busy and took a week from when the car was dropped off. He said he got very busy and wanted to talk to the guys that the owner used, but they were at Watkins Glen and had to wait for them to get back. While it was my first PPI, it seemed through and took the time to walk me though everything.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)