View Single Post
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierlawyer View Post
I am most likely purchasing the car. It has already had the valve guides replaced, the headers replaced, test pipes installed and the top mechanism had work to make it perfect. I had a compression test done and it did great, now if I can get good leakdown numbers then it will be a done deal. The car had its engine out major service last summer. From what I understand once these cars are sorted out they aren't that bad to own but if they are not sorted you can be in for $15K bill or even worse if cylinder damage has occurred from not sorting it out soon enough. This car is well loved, sorted out and recently serviced, should be as good a 355 as one could hope for. I'll post pics soon...
I'm glad you found a good one. F355 make a marvelous sound! I especially like the Capristo exhaust (level 2). I really wanted one and searched for some time. The ones I found had aged poorly. The other interesting point I found was they stopped production in 1999, but few cars( 1 with 55K) out there are over 30K miles. In asking about that point, a Ferrari mechanic said "30K miles is a life time for a 355". I finally nixed the whole search when looking at a yellow 1997 one. The car was to be in great shape with 17K miles. The salesman drove the car and had a huge cloud of blue smoke erupt from the back of the car. They have great potential, but I was scared off.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)