View Single Post

Jeez, and I thought I was on the edge in terms of thinking, breathing these cars all day long. Spent a lifetime looking at their pictures, never thinking I'd own one. Watched them go down the road, taking in every growl and gear shift. Moving into a new built house next week. Built a 5 bay garage/w/shop attached to it, and room for a hoist. Everyone comments on the shed, not the house.
Last night I showed my wife a pic of a GT3 F/s. Just starting the conversation you see. But I did offer to sell our old faithful first Porsche - an SC that has done us real well, and we both still enjoy it like the day I finally sat in my first porsche. Her reply was that we couldnt do without the old girl, and was that really a good price for a GT3 . Dont know if we will do it or not - feels like being unfaithful, and Cole, I like the old stuff too.
Your story brought a tear to my eye. I'm sure we can all relate to it. Man if I was handy I'd be over every day to give you a hand.
keep the thread progressing and all the best.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-19-2011, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)