View Single Post

kinein,
Let me just say this, YOU CAN turbocharge the 911 for under $3K if you're patient! Many 930 parts can sourced right here from this board, ebay, etc. for very little. In example, I scored a BRAND NEW K27 7200 (overstock) for $600. If you look hard enough you'll find deals, new or used!

As polizei mentioned, there are some things to be cautious about when contemplating boost on these cars. My recommendations for avoiding several of those issues are:

1) Go with a "Suck Through" design and use a 90 degree silicone elbow on the TB. AFM issues averted!
2) Stay BELOW 7psi (recommend starting with 5psi until you've worked out all the kinks).
3) Monitor fuel, boost, and AFR's, tailor Stage 1 Protomotive chip accordingly.
4) Drain from turbo to crankcase with large diameter hose and 15 degree or better decline. Can be done with "hard" oil line in place.

Other than that, have patience and be prepared to re-engineer various bits over a few times until you get it RIGHT! I can assure you won't be disappointed going this route! From someone that's "been there done that" you'd be throwing $1500 to the wind for anything else... ask me how I know. If POWER is your ultimate goal, skip the interim stuff and get on BOOST!
- SOLD! '85 928S 5sp with LSD

Last edited by cliyde; 06-19-2011 at 05:12 PM..
Old 06-19-2011, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)