View Single Post

Hi Paul,
I think it's sold, I'll know later today.

I really like this intercooler... but I bought a used Kokeln a couple months ago figuring I'd sell it for what I paid for it if I don't like it or keep it and sell the Garretson for what I have into it to recoup the cash.

I sanded down the rough cast finish on the kokeln end tanks till they were flat and smooth and polished it to a shine. took some time and it came out real nice.

The kokeln core is the same thickness and width as the garretson and 2" longer front to back and if what they say on their website is true it's a little more efficiant than the other aftermarket halfbay intercoolers out there, other than the new Fabspeed intercooler.
I hope thats true since I decided to keep the Kokeln and sell this one. Neither of them are made anymore and I think the Fabspeed and B&B are the only 4" thick halfbay intercoolers made anymore. I don't know if Andial still sells them new or if Garretson still makes them for Andial if they do.
Only thing I don't like about the kokeln is it's heavier than the garretson because it's a little bigger and the cast aluminum end tanks are alot thicker aluminum than the garretson's formed aluminum sheet end tanks.

Kinda hate to get rid of it because it's a nice one and becoming a collector item since Bob Garretson passed some years ago but my plan was to sell one of them when I bought the kokeln that I didn't actually need and it doesn't do me any good sitting around collecting dust.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)