View Single Post

You are correct on the thread length inside the flange, once you exceed 2.5 times the diameter of the stud in thread end length you no longer add any further strength to the fastener, this is why you will not see any studs made by ARP with longer thread ends. (Unless you have them custom made due to additional needs or they are for a special application that addresses additional mechanical forces) try inserting one stud and turning it all the way in with an allen key by it's nose, then measure the length from the head flange to the end of the threaded portion of the studs... now measure the width of your header flange and subtract - you should have enough length left over to accomadate the length of the nut, the ARP washers are not needed in this application. If the studs are too short and do not work I am 100% happy to take them back and throw them back into my pile of spares. I'm sure I can use them somewhere. (wastegate studs perhaps?)

E-man over and out

Last edited by E-man930; 06-21-2011 at 08:23 AM..
Old 06-21-2011, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)