View Single Post

3.0 turbo and 915 trans

I have a 77 turbo with a 915 trans in it. When I acquired it, it also had an "S" engine in it and all worked fine. I have acquired a 3.0 turbo engine to put in the car. My brother is doing the mechanical work and successfullly attached the trans to the engine and jacked them into the car. When attempting to depress the clutch pedal it would not move. The engine is back out of the car and everything appears to have been done correctly. He is currently researching this.

I talked to a Porsche mechanic who is certian that there is "something" that is special about hooking up this engine/transmission combination, but so far has only come up with the flywheel, which needs to be a 911 flywheel, not a turbo one. We were not aware that there was a difference, but we used the one off the "S" engine anyway because it was in much better shape. I see that the part numbers are different. I learned something new.

The question then, is, what is the secret to making these two work together? i would really like to drive the car.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)