View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
Long story short.... Car went from normal to quit in 15min and towed home. Starts and barely idles with black smoke. I picked up a CIS gauge but it was CIS compatible so I still need that tool. In the meantime I've replace a hose looked at the plugs and will be checking the cap/rotor and replacing the fuel filter and a few other minor things. In the meantime if any of you have any suggestions or comments on some other things to check let me know...

Here's a video of it right before it quit....
So, during your ill fated ride, did you perhaps run at full boost for even a short period...or were you just tooling along being mellow and suddenly $hit happens? Could be several things, but I would follow 911Nut's directions to look first for the obvious vacuum/air leaks. And definitely check your fuel pressures (control and system). BTW. a faulty AAR won't cause your black smokin' crappy running condition in and of itself, unless it's got bad hoses leaking air.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)