View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
So, during your ill fated ride, did you perhaps run at full boost for even a short period...or were you just tooling along being mellow and suddenly $hit happens? Could be several things, but I would follow 911Nut's directions to look first for the obvious vacuum/air leaks. And definitely check your fuel pressures (control and system). BTW. a faulty AAR won't cause your black smokin' crappy running condition in and of itself, unless it's got bad hoses leaking air.
You're right it was on boost when it first happened. Long story short but it would only do it on boost starting in third gear working itself to second gear then to first, then it quit. I towed it home and replaced the hose from the intercooler to the AAR and then it started again just rough idle with black smoke and the fuel smell.

I also just ran a can of bg44k fuel system cleaner through the tank before. Maybe that loosened up too much crap or got a piece lodged somewhere? Hell of a coincidence anyways.

I will check the pressures when I get the tools to do it but in the meantime I'll be poking around in there to see if there's anything obvious.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)