View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
your goal of 500HP was demonstrated at .8 bar so the high boost shouldn't be needed.
Very encouraging! If I can achieve 500 HP at a lower boost level, then all the better! I prefer greater reliability over greater performance. I think some of the advantages of my setup are the Carrera intake manifold, Carrera heads and 8.0:1 pistons. This should flow well and require less boost to make power. I'd love to be able to cap the boost at .8 BAR and have the engine run reliably for years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCalf View Post
Andy, what kinda power does the car make now and are you looking to get 500hp/500tq at the wheels?

I'm by far no expert on these 930s, but I have fire ringed heads going in my current build and just based on the stock fitment of 930 heads to cylinders I'd suggest doing it cuz stock is pretty loose and once they move there goes your seal...RC
Thanks for the input. Based upon the feedback above, it sounds like I won't need to go up to the 1.2 BAR territory to achieve 500 HP. Also, I'd prefer not to tear down the entire engine.

I don't think my HP goals warrant porting the intake and heads as the Carrera intake is 41.5 mm and the cylinder head inlet is 40 mm. Even ported 930 heads are smaller than this. Thoughts?

A couple easier-to-complete upgrades would be a larger throttle body and extrude honed intake manifold. The Carrera throttle body is 63.5 mm in diameter, and it can be increased to 66.5 mm max. I've read about a handful of guys in this forum who have converted to Mustang throttle bodies that are around 75 mm in diameter. Are there any proven solutions out there for putting a larger aftermarket throttle body on a Carrera intake manifold? Any words of wisdom on the value of a larger TB or extrude honed manifold?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)