View Single Post

Garage
Hi guys

I'll reply to your inputs in opposit order, JFairman first.
I totally understand your input - I think.

I did interpret the three times, as three compression strokes on the CYL tested. Luckyli I have a starter motor "trigger" (I read you JF talk about it a while back - thanks) I saw at least three needle jumps on the gauges, but basically continued until the needle didn't move anymore.
The one thing I did do wrong is opening the throttle wide open. It makes good sense to do so. I'll try and go out and do the test again your way. That should cause all the CYL to improve some.
Thank yo for yor help.

Cole, Wow. Thanks again for taking the time.

When I sat down by the computer, it was to copy/paste all you guys inputs and sort it out to make a check list of the things to be done. Then I saw that all of you had spent more time trying to help - awesome.

About CP. That is infact one of the thing I do not suspect. As you might remember I have my Innovate LC-1, LMA-3 and XD-16 installed. I do not remember the exact AFR at the time, but usually with the engine at that temp (that part of my trip to work, I think the AFR would be mid 13s - engine still warming up.
Even under boost I know it is infact running a bit too rich. I have however driven this car like a grandpa (no pun intended ) since I got it, just to make sure I didn't mess it up before I got a chance to tune ip properly

With that in mind, I think it is safe to say that the DIST is out of whack, and it is what have caused this incident - not 100%, but close.
The thing is there might be more to it. The engine may not all up to spec... I think that is likely, maybe not too bad.
The thing is, it didn't smoke, at all. And it hardly burned any oil. Worn valve guide wold cause smoke/oil burn wouldn't it?

As for Waynes book, got'em, have read them several times - for no reason. Just out of interest. That may make you wonder. WTF, why is he asking all these dumba.. question. Well, I have an idea of how things are. most of you guys know

The engine specs: 3.5L Andial conversion with SC cams and about 35K since rebuild. I have read some of the old bills/story on the car. A while back someone put a lot of money into this car.

Cole, I am not too disturbed by this. A couple of weeks ago yes, but now I just gotta move on. The car is not exactly what I thought I bought, but that's for a phone conversation...). It will however be, and a lot more.

If I forgot to answer some of it, I am sorry. Now I'll try to gather a list of all suggestions, prioritize and get moving.

To be continued...
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 06-25-2011, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)